eb Blount is a Sales Acceleration Specialist who helps sales organizations reach peak performance fast by optimizing talent, leveraging training to cultivate high-performance sales culture, developing leadership and coaching skills, and applying more effective organizational design.
Best Books Written By Jeb Blount: THE LIST
1. Fanatical Prospecting | By Jeb Blount
Ditch the failed sales tactics, fill your pipeline, and crush your number
Fanatical Prospecting gives salespeople, sales leaders, entrepreneurs, and executives a practical, eye-opening guide that clearly explains the why and how behind the most important activity in sales and business development―prospecting.
The brutal fact is the number one reason for failure in sales is an empty pipe and the root cause of an empty pipeline is the failure to consistently prospect. By ignoring the muscle of prospecting, many otherwise competent salespeople and sales organizations consistently underperform.
Step by step, Jeb Blount outlines his innovative approach to prospecting that works for real people, in the real world, with real prospects.
Learn how to keep the pipeline full of qualified opportunities and avoid debilitating sales slumps by leveraging a balanced prospecting methodology across multiple prospecting channels.
This book reveals the secrets, techniques, and tips of top earners. You’ll learn:
- Why the 30-Day Rule is critical for keeping the pipeline full
- Why understanding the Law of Replacement is the key to avoiding sales slumps
- How to leverage the Law of Familiarity to reduce prospecting friction and avoid rejection
- The 5 C’s of Social Selling and how to use them to get prospects to call you
- How to use the simple 5 Step Telephone Framework to get more appointments fast
- How to double call backs with a powerful voice mail technique
- How to leverage the powerful 4 Step Email Prospecting Framework to create emails that compel prospects to respond
- How to get text working for you with the 7 Step Text Message Prospecting Framework
- And there is so much more!
Fanatical Prospecting is filled with the high-powered strategies, techniques, and tools you need to fill your pipeline with high quality opportunities.
In the most comprehensive book ever written about sales prospecting, Jeb Blount reveals the real secret to improving sales productivity and growing your income fast. You’ll gain the power to blow through resistance and objections, gain more appointments, start more sales conversations, and close more sales.
Break free from the fear and frustration that is holding you and your team back from effective and consistent prospecting. It’s time to get off the feast or famine sales roller-coaster for good!
Quotes from Fanatical Prospecting;
“There is no easy button in sales. Prospecting is hard, emotionally draining work, and it is the price you have to pay to earn a high income.”
“Fanatical prospectors receive more rejection before 9:00 a.m. than the average person gets in an entire year. The fact is, most people wouldn’t last a minute in sales.”
“To succeed in sales, simply talk to lots of people every day. And here’s what’s exciting: There are lots of people!” (the late motivational speaker Jim Rohn)
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
“Read books like SPIN Selling and DISCOVER Questions Get You Connected to spark ideas and practice structuring effective questions.”
“Here’s the deal. If you want sustained success in your sales career, if you want to maximize your income, then you’ve got to interrupt prospects.”
“Superstars out-earn other salespeople – taking home almost all of the available commissions and bonuses.”
“Non-sales activity is the perfect excuse to avoid the hard work of prospecting. This is the core reason salespeople dig holes for themselves. Busy work becomes an excuse for not prospecting.”
“The myth that the phone no longer works—because people don’t answer—is disproven daily in our Fanatical Prospecting Boot Camps. The myth is disproven by our sales team at Sales Gravy and with thousands of sales teams across the country that survive and thrive on the phone. The statistics don’t lie. We see between a 15 percent and 80 percent contact rate on the phones depending on the industry, product, and role level of the contact. For example, in the business services segment, contact rates are consistently between 25 and 40 percent. This, by the way, is far higher than response rates with e-mail and light-years higher than those of social prospecting. All”
“In the sales profession, it’s not about what you have sold, it is about what you sell today.”
“The first rule of holes is when you are in one, stop digging, and the first rule of sales slumps is when you are in one, start prospecting.”
2. Objections | By Jeb Blount
There are few one-size-fits-all solutions in sales. Context matters. Complex sales are different from one-call closes. B2B is different than B2C. Prospects, territories, products, industries, companies, and sales processes are all different. There is little black and white in the sales profession.
Except for objections. There is democracy in objections. Every salesperson must endure many NOs in order to get to YES.
Objections don’t care or consider:
- Who you are
- What you sell
- How you sell
- If you are new to sales or a veteran
- If your sales cycle is long or short – complex or transactional
For as long as salespeople have been asking buyers to make commitments, buyers have been throwing out objections. And, for as long as buyers have been saying no, salespeople have yearned for the secrets to getting past those NOs.
Following in the footsteps of his blockbuster bestsellers Fanatical Prospecting and Sales EQ, Jeb Blount’s Objections is a comprehensive and contemporary guide that engages your heart and mind.
In his signature right-to-the-point style, Jeb pulls no punches and slaps you in the face with the cold, hard truth about what’s really holding you back from closing sales and reaching your income goals. Then he pulls you in with examples, stories, and lessons that teach powerful human-influence frameworks for getting past NO – even with the most challenging objections.
What you won’t find, though, is old school techniques straight out of the last century. No bait and switch schemes, no sycophantic tie-downs, no cheesy scripts, and none of the contrived closing techniques that leave you feeling like a phony, destroy relationships, and only serve to increase your buyers’ resistance.
Instead, you’ll learn a new psychology for turning-around objections and proven techniques that work with today’s more informed, in control, and skeptical buyers. Inside the pages of Objections, you’ll gain deep insight into:
- How to get past the natural human fear of NO and become rejection proof
- The science of resistance and why buyers throw out objections
- Human influence frameworks that turn you into a master persuader
- The key to avoiding embarrassing red herrings that derail sales calls
- How to leverage the “Magical Quarter of a Second” to instantly gain control of your emotions when you get hit with difficult objections
- Proven objection turn-around frameworks that give you confidence and control in virtually every sales situation
- How to easily skip past reflex responses on cold calls and when prospecting
- How to move past brush-offs to get to the next step, increase pipeline velocity, and shorten the sales cycle
- The 5 Step Process for Turning Around Buying Commitment Objections and closing the sale
- Rapid Negotiation techniques that deliver better terms and higher prices
As you dive into these powerful insights, and with each new chapter, you’ll gain greater and greater confidence in your ability to face and effectively handle objections in any selling situation. And, with this new-found confidence, your success and income will soar.
3. Virtual Selling | By Jeb Blount
And just like that, everything changed . . .
A global pandemic. Panic. Social distancing. Working from home.
In a heartbeat, we went from happy hours to virtual happy hours. From conferences to virtual conferences. From selling to virtual selling.
Overnight, virtual selling became the new normal. Now, it is here to stay.
Virtual selling can be challenging. It’s more difficult to make human to human connections. It’s natural to feel intimidated by technology and digital tools. Few of us haven’t felt the wave of insecurity the instant a video camera is pointed in our direction.
Yet, virtual selling is powerful because it allows you to engage more prospects and customers, in less time, at a lower cost, while reducing the sales cycle.
Virtual Selling is the definitive guide to leveraging video-based technology and virtual communication channels to engage prospects, advance pipeline opportunities, and seal the deal. You’ll learn a complete system for blending video, phone, text, live chat, social media, and direct messaging into your sales process to increase productivity and reduce sales cycles.
Jeb Blount, one of the most celebrated sales trainers of our generation, teaches you:
- How to leverage human psychology to gain more influence on video calls
- The seven technical elements of impactful video sales calls
- The five human elements of highly effective video sales calls
- How to overcome your fear of the camera and always be video ready
- How to deliver engaging and impactful virtual demos and presentations
- Powerful video messaging strategies for engaging hard to reach stakeholders
- The Four-Step Video Prospecting Framework
- The Five-Step Telephone Prospecting Framework
- The LDA Method for handling telephone prospecting objections
- Advanced email prospecting strategies and frameworks
- How to leverage text messaging for prospecting and down pipeline communication
- The law of familiarity and how it takes the friction out of virtual selling
- The 5C’s of Social Selling
- Why it is imperative to become proficient with reactive and proactive chat
- Strategies for direct messaging – the “Swiss Army Knife” of virtual selling
- How to leverage a blended virtual/physical selling approach to close deals faster
As you dive into these powerful insights, and with each new chapter, you’ll gain greater and greater confidence in your ability to effectively engage prospects and customers through virtual communication channels. And, with this newfound confidence, your success and income will soar.
Following in the footsteps of his blockbuster bestsellers People Buy You, Fanatical Prospecting, Sales EQ, Objections, and Inked, Jeb Blount’s Virtual Selling puts the same strategies employed by his clients—a who’s who of the world’s most prestigious organizations—right into your hands.
4. Sales EQ | By Jeb Blount
The New Psychology of Selling
The sales profession is in the midst of a perfect storm. Buyers have more power—more information, more at stake, and more control over the sales process—than any time in history. Technology is bringing disruptive change at an ever-increasing pace, creating fear and uncertainty that leaves buyers clinging to the status quo. Deteriorating attention spans have made it difficult to get buyers to sit still long enough to “challenge,” “teach,” “help,” give “insight,” or sell “value.” And a relentless onslaught of “me-too” competitors have made differentiating on the attributes of products, services, or even price more difficult than ever.
Legions of salespeople and their leaders are coming face to face with a cold hard truth: what once gave salespeople a competitive edge—controlling the sales process, command of product knowledge, an arsenal of technology, and a great pitch—are no longer guarantees of success. Yet this is where the vast majority of the roughly $20 billion spent each year on sales training goes. It’s no wonder many companies are seeing 50 percent or more of their salespeople miss quota.
Yet, in this new paradigm, an elite group of top 1 percent sales professionals are crushing it. In our age of technology where information is ubiquitous and buyer attention spans are fleeting, these superstars have learned how to leverage a new psychology of selling—Sales EQ—to keep prospects engaged, create true competitive differentiation, as well as shape and influence buying decisions. These top earners are acutely aware that the experience of buying from them is far more important than products, prices, features, and solutions.
In Sales EQ, Jeb Blount takes you on an unprecedented journey into the behaviors, techniques, and secrets of the highest earning salespeople in every industry and field. You’ll learn:
- How to answer the 5 Most Important Questions in Sales to make it virtually impossible for prospects to say no
- How to master 7 People Principles that will give you the power to influence anyone to do almost anything
- How to shape and align the 3 Processes of Sales to lock out competitors and shorten the sales cycle
- How to Flip the Buyer Script to gain complete control of the sales conversation
- How to Disrupt Expectations to pull buyers towards you, direct their attention, and keep them engaged
- How to leverage Non-Complementary Behavior to eliminate resistance, conflict, and objections
- How to employ the Bridge Technique to gain the micro-commitments and next steps you need to keep your deals from stalling
- How to tame Irrational Buyers, shake them out of their comfort zone, and shape the decision making process
- How to measure and increase you own Sales EQ using the 15 Sales Specific Emotional Intelligence Markers
- And so much more!
Sales EQ begins where The Challenger Sale, Strategic Selling, and Spin Selling leave off. It addresses the human relationship gap in the modern sales process at a time when sales organizations are failing because many salespeople have never been taught the human skills required to effectively engage buyers at the emotional level. Jeb Blount makes a compelling case that sales specific emotional intelligence (Sales EQ) is more essential to success than education, experience, industry awareness, product knowledge, skills, or raw IQ; and, sales professionals who invest in developing and improving Sales EQ gain a decisive competitive advantage in the hyper-competitive global marketplace.
Sales EQ arms salespeople and sales leaders with the tool
5. INKED | By Jeb Blount
Learn powerful closing and sales negotiation tactics that unlock yes and seal the deal.
Each year, sales professionals leave billions of dollars on the table because they are out gunned, out maneuvered, and out played by savvy buyers, who have been schooled in the art and science of negotiation.
Because today’s buyers have more power than ever before—more information, more at stake, and more control over the buying process—they almost always enter sales negotiations in a much stronger position than the salespeople on the other side of the table. The results are sadly predictable: salespeople and their companies end up on the losing end of the deal.
In this brutal paradigm, if you fail to master the skills, strategies, and tactics to go toe-to-toe with modern buyers and win at the sales negotiation table, your income and long-term earning potential will suffer—along with your company’s growth, profits, and market valuation.
In his new book INKED: The Ultimate Guide to Powerful Closing and Sales Negotiation Tactics that Unlock YES and Seal the Deal, Jeb Blount levels the playing field by giving you the strategies, tactics, techniques, skills, and human-influence frameworks required to become a powerful and effective sales negotiator.
In his signature, straightforward style, Jeb pulls no punches. He slaps you right in the face with the cold, hard truth and lays bare the reasons why you keep getting beaten by buyers who have been trained in how to play you. Then, he teaches you exactly what you need to know, do, and say to gain more control and more power over the outcomes of your deals, and WIN.
- Seven Immutable Rules of Sales Negotiation
- Why “Win-Win” Usually Means “You-Lose”
- The One Rule of Sales Negotiation You Must Never Break
- How to Leverage the Powerful MLP Strategy to Bend Win Probability in Your Favor
- The ACED Buyer Persona Model and How to Flex to Buyer Communication Styles
- Seven Principles of Effective Sales Negotiation Communication
- How to Leverage the DEAL Sales Negotiation Framework to Control the Negotiation Conversation and Get Ink
- How to Gain the Advantage with Comprehensive Sales Negotiation Planning Strategies and Tools
- Powerful Negotiation Psychology and Influence Frameworks that Keep You in Control of the Conversation
- How to Rise Above the Seven Disruptive Emotions that are Holding You Back at the Sales Negotiation Table
- How to Protect Yourself from the Psychological Games that Buyers Play
With these powerful tactics in your sales arsenal, you will approach sales negotiations with the confidence and power to take control of the conversation and get the prices, terms, and conditions that you deserve.
INKED is the most comprehensive Sales Negotiation resource ever developed for the sales profession. Unlike so many other negotiating books that ignore the reality sellers face in the rapid-fire, real world of the sales profession, INKED is a sales-specific negotiation primer.
You’ll learn directly from one of the most sought-after and celebrated sales trainers of our generation. Following in the footsteps of his blockbuster bestsellers Fanatical Prospecting, Sales EQ, and Objections, Jeb Blount’s INKED puts the same strategies employed by his clients—a who’s who of the world’s most prestigious organizations—right into your hands.
6. People Buy You | By Jeb Blount
The ultimate guide to relationships, influence and persuasion in 21st century business.
What is most important to your success as a sales or business professional? Is it education, experience, product knowledge, job title, territory, or business dress? Is it your company’s reputation, product, price, marketing collateral, delivery lead times, in stock ratios, service guarantees, management strength, or warehouse location? Is it testimonials, the latest Forbes write up, or brand awareness? Is it the investment in the latest CRM software, business 2.0 tools, or social media strategy?
You could hire a fancy consulting firm, make the list longer, add some bullet points, put it into a PowerPoint presentation, and go through the whole dog and pony show. But at the end of the day there will be only one conclusion… None of the above! You see, the most important competitive edge for today’s business professionals cannot be found on this list, your resume, or in any of your company’s marketing brochures.
If you want to know the real secret to what matters most in business, just look in the mirror. That’s right, it’s YOU. Do these other things matter? Of course they do, but when all things are equal (and in the competitive world we live in today, things almost always are) People Buy You.
Your ability to build lasting business relationships that allow you to close more deals, retain clients, increase your income, and advance your career to rise the top of your company or industry, depends on your skills for getting other people to like you, trust you, and BUY YOU.
This break-through book pushes past the typical focus on mechanics and stale processes found in so many of today’s sales and business books, and goes right to the heart of what matters most in 21st century business. Offering a straight forward, actionable formula for creating instant connections with prospects and customers, People Buy You will enable you to achieve a whole new level of success in your sales and business career. You’ll discover:
- Three relationship myths that are holding you back
- Five levers that open the door to stronger relationships that quickly increase sales, improve retention, increase profits and advance your career
- The real secret to making instant emotional connections that eliminate objections and move buyers to reveal their real problems and needs
- How to anchor your business relationships and create loyal customers who will never leave you for a competitor
- How to build your personal brand to improve your professional presence and stand-out in the market place
People Buy You is the new standard in the art of influence and persuasion. Few books have tackled the subject of interpersonal relationships in the business world in such a practical and down-to-earth manner, breaking what many perceive as a complex and frustrating process into easy, actionable steps that anyone can follow.
7. People Follow You | By Jeb Blount
Discover the secrets to influencing the performance of the people you lead.
Managers don’t get paid for what they do but rather for the performance of their people; therefore, a manager’s most important job is coaching behaviors in order to improve performance. In People Follow You managers will learn five easily understood and implemented levers critical to influencing the performance of the people they lead. Ultimately, people follow people that they like, trust, and believe in. Understand how to build stronger relationships with direct and indirect reports that lead to loyalty, higher productivity, and long-term development.
Relevant to middle and high level managers, People Follow You provides a foundation for managing people. Practical lessons help managers employ winning interpersonal skills to move others to take action.
- Learn how to leverage the basics of interpersonal relationships to inspire others to take action
- Get a simple and actionable formula for connecting with employees and indirect reports and gaining their buy-in through the use of personal power vs. the power of authority
- Discover the fundamental on-the-job coaching skills that deliver instant performance improvement
- Author Jeb Blount is the most downloaded sales expert in iTunes history; his Sales Gravy and Sales Guy audio programs have been downloaded more than 3 million times
When all else is stripped away, people don’t work for companies, paychecks, perks, or slogans, people work for you. Become a manager people will follow, and lead your team to greater achievements and measurable gains.
8. People Love You | By Jeb Blount
What you experience is what you remember. The more emotional the experience, the deeper it is branded into your memory. Experience has a massive impact on buying decisions. Every touch point, every time you or someone in your company engages a customer, it creates an experience – something they remember. When they have a negative experience, they tend to vote with their feet (and their wallets) and head straight to your competitors. When customers have positive emotional experiences, it anchors them to your brand, your product or service, and ultimately to you.
In the twenty-first century, competitive advantages derived from unique products are services are short-lived because competitors are able to quickly and easily duplicate or match your offering. Likewise a focus on customer satisfaction and loyalty will no longer give you the competitive edge. Delivering a legendary customer experience has emerged as the single most important competitive advantage for companies across all industries. In People Love You you’ll learn the real secrets of customer experience including:
- 7 Essential Principles of Customer Engagement
- 5 Levers for Creating a Legendary Customer Experience
- The Secret to Bridging the Experience Gap
- How to Leverage the Pull Strategy to become a Trusted Advisor
- 2 Most Important Rules for Dealing with Pissed-off Customers
In a hypercompetitive, global marketplace protecting your company’s customer base, the lifeblood of your business, must become your number one priority. The rubber hits the road with account managers, project managers, sales professionals, and customer service professionals—the people most connected to customers—who are on the frontlines of customer experience. They build unique and enduring emotional connections with customers that creating long-term revenue and profit streams. In People Love You, human relationship guru, Jeb Blount, gives you a powerful playbook for interacting with customers in a way that creates deep, enduring, visceral connections that withstand relentless economic and competitive assaults.
9. Fanatical Military Recruiting | By Jeb Blount
Smart, competent, and capable people are rare and in high demand. Every organization, from commercial enterprises, healthcare, non-profit, sports, and education, to the military is in an outright battle to recruit and retain these bright and talented people.
Rather than bullets and bombs, the war for talent is won through high-impact prospecting activity, time discipline, intellectual agility, emotional intelligence, and human to human relationships. On this highly competitive, ever changing, asymmetrical battlefield, to win, you must operate at a level of excellence beyond anything asked of military recruiters before.
Yet, in this new paradigm, many recruiters are struggling, and most recruiting units are staring down the barrel at 50 percent or more of their recruiters consistently missing Mission.
It is imperative that we arm military recruiters with the skills they need to win in this challenging environment. The failure to make Mission is an existential threat to the strength and readiness of America’s fighting forces and our democracy.
Fanatical Military Recruiting begins where the Recruiting and Retention colleges of the various branches of the military leave off. It is an advanced, master’s level training resource designed specifically for the unique demands of Military Recruiting. In FMR, you’ll learn:
- The Single Most Important Discipline in Military Recruiting
- How to Get Out of a Recruiting Slump
- The 30-Day Rule and Law of Replacement
- Powerful Time and Territory Management Strategies that Put You in Control of Your Day
- The 7 Step Telephone Prospecting Framework
- The 4 Step Email and Direct Messaging Framework
- The 5 C’s of Social Recruiting
- The 7 Step Text Message Prospecting Framework
- How to Leverage a Balanced Prospecting Methodology to Keep the Funnel Full of Qualified Applicants
- Powerful Human Influence Frameworks that Reduce Resistance and Objections
- The 3 Step Prospecting Objection Turn-Around Framework
- Mission Drive and the 5 Disciplines of Ultra-High Performing Military Recruiters
In his signature right-to-the-point style that has made him the go-to trainer to a who’s who of the world’s most prestigious organizations, Jeb Blount pulls no punches. He slaps you in the face with the cold, hard truth about what’s really holding you back. Then, he pulls you in with stories, examples, and lessons that teach you exactly what you need to do right now to become an ultra-high performing recruiter.
Fanatical Military Recruiting is filled with the high-powered strategies, techniques, and tools you need to keep your funnel packed with qualified applicants. As you dive into these powerful insights, and with each new chapter, you’ll gain greater and greater confidence. And, with this new-found confidence, your performance as a military recruiter will soar and you will Make Mission, Fast.
10. The Jeb Blount Box Set
The most comprehensive resource on sales development, leadership, and customer experience available, from bestselling author Jeb Blount.
Jeb Blount is a bestselling author, a sought-after keynote speaker, and the CEO of Sales Gravy, a leading global training organization. His unique approach to human relationships in the workplace has made him one of the world’s most influential thought leaders on sales, leadership, and customer experience. Jeb’s books and training seminars have helped numerous corporations and tens of thousands of individuals accelerate sales and realize their maximum potential by leveraging emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills in customer-facing activities.
The Jeb Blount Box Set is a must-have for everyone involved in sales, from senior managers and team leaders, to experienced and early-career sales professionals alike. This indispensable collection features seven of the author’s most popular and powerful books:
- People Buy You is the modern business classic on the art and science of interpersonal relationships, influence, and persuasion. Instantly create strong connections with your customers and prospects using Jeb’s easy-to-follow, real-world action plan.
- People Follow You shows managers how to leverage the principles of interpersonal relationships to inspire others to take action. Drive your team’s loyalty and productivity to new heights with the practical techniques and on-the-job coaching skills every leader needs to understand.
- People Love You reveals the hidden knowledge for creating legendary customer experiences. Find out how to interact with your customers in ways that build lasting emotional connections―and ensure long-term revenue and reliable profit streams.
- Fanatical Prospecting is the definitive resource on the most important activity in sales and business development―prospecting. Join the ranks of top earners who have used Jeb’s innovative approach to eliminate resistance, gain more appointments, and close more sales.
- Sales EQ takes you on an unprecedented journey into the behaviors, techniques, and secrets of the highest earning salespeople in every industry and field. Learn how to keep prospects engaged, create true competitive differentiation, and shape and influence buying decisions.
- Objections presents a new psychology for turning around objections―teaching you how to conquer your fear of “No” and become rejection proof in even the most difficult selling situations. Jeb’s techniques will radically boost your confidence, your success, and your income.
- INKED shifts the balance of power towards you at the sales negotiating table. Packed with the powerful strategies, tactics, techniques, skills, and human-influence frameworks you need to get a “Yes” and seal the deal!
The methods, frameworks, and techniques Jeb provides have optimized success, built high-performing sales cultures, developed leadership and coaching skills, and transformed entire organizations around the world. The Jeb Blount Box Set will help you reach your peak performance—fast!
Final Thoughts on the Best Books Written By Jeb Blount
As a business leader, Jeb has more than 25 years of experience with Fortune 500 companies, SMBs, and start-ups. He has been named one of the top 50 most influential sales and marketing leaders (Top Sales Magazine), a Top 30 social selling influencer (Forbes), a top 10 sales experts to follow on Twitter (Evan Carmichael), a top 100 most innovative sales blogger (iSEEit), a top 20 must-read author–People Buy You–for entrepreneurs (YFS Magazine and Huffington Post), and the most downloaded sales podcaster in iTunes history.
Do you see a book that you think should be on the list? Let us know your feedback here.
Meet Maurice, a staff editor at Bigger Investing. He’s an accomplished entrepreneur who owns multiple successful websites and a thriving merch shop. When he’s not busy with work, Maurice indulges in his passion for kayaking, climbing, and his family. As a savvy investor, Maurice loves putting his money to work and seeking out new opportunities. With his expertise and passion for finance, he’s dedicated to helping readers achieve their financial goals through Bigger Investing.